If you see a 'Make sure your Roku device is powered on and connected to your WiFi network' message on the device selection screen in the Roku app, your Roku device was not detected over your network.
First, try going through network setup to ensure your Roku device is visible ('awake') on your home network: Go to Settings >Network from your Roku device (or Settings > Network > Repeat guided setup from an original Roku device).
After you have successfully checked your connection, tap 'Try Again' in the Roku mobile app.
Re: How do I find my device IP address without a remote? @JANTHUT You can only view your Roku device's current IP address by visiting SettingsSystemAbout on the device. Your device must have an active network connection in order for this information to appear.
Ip Address For Roku
- Many purchase the Firestick in order to “jailbreak” the device for access to unlimited content including Movies, TV Shows, Live TV, and more. How to Jailbreak a Firestick. However, if you are stuck with a Roku, we can use the workaround below to install IPTV on your device for all your live viewing needs.
- To find your IP address and Device ID: From your home screen, go to Settings; Tap About Phone, then Status; Under Status, you’ll see both your IP address and device ID Android tablet To find your IP address: Select Apps on the main screen. Select Settings; Select Wireless & networks.
- Mar 31, 2021 You can find the IP address by visiting Settings Network About on your Roku device. Restart your Roku device and ensure it is connected to the correct wireless network. Restart the Roku mobile.
- Jump to solution. @JANTHUT You can only view your Roku device's current IP address by visiting SettingsSystemAbout on the device. Your device must have an active network connection in order for this information to appear.
If that did not work, try exiting the Roku app, turning your phone's (or tablet's) Wi-Fi off and on and re-entering the app.
Next, confirm your Roku device is on the same network as your phone:
- On your phone, open Settings and check your network's IP address. Go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Your network name and write down the number next to 'IP Address.' Your IP address will be a four-part number (e.g. 192.168.0.125).
- Now, check the IP address of your Roku device. If you have a Roku TV, go to Settings > System > About. For all other Roku devices, go to Settings > About from your Roku device (Settings > Player info from original Roku device). Write down the number next to “IP Address.”
- The first three of four numbers of the IP address of your phone and your Roku device should match (e.g. 192.168.0 from IP address 192.168.0.101). If these numbers do not match, your Roku device and phone are not on the same network.
If the IP address numbers match, you can connect manually by entering the IP address of your Roku device in the Roku app. Tap 'Connect Manually' in the mobile app and follow directions.
If the IP address numbers do not match and your Roku device and phone are not on the same network, try the following:
Tcl Roku Tv Ip Address
- If your Roku device is connected via Wi-Fi, check that your phone or Roku device aren't accidentally connected to a neighbor's Wi-Fi network.
- If your Roku device is connected via Ethernet, connect it wirelessly to the same Wi-Fi network as your phone. Go through Wi-Fi setup on your Roku device by selecting Settings > Network. Have your network password ready.
- If you are using a combination cable modem/wireless router, try adding a separate wireless router to your network and connecting your Roku device and phone to it.
- If you have multiple wireless routers in your home, check that your Roku device and phone are connected to the same router (same SSID).
If the app still does not show your Roku device, try powering down your Roku device, phone, and router. Restart all devices, wait 3 minutes, then launch the Roku app again.Ok, so I may be completely boned here, but...
I just moved, realized that I lost the remote to my Roku XD 2. I could control it with the iPhone app just fine, except I need to connect the Roku to my WiFi so I can retrieve the Roku IP address and connect the Roku to the iPhone. Is there any way I could connect to my WiFi without a remote control? Should I go buy a universal remote? The posts here show mixed results with that. I'm not keen on waiting a week or more for a new Roku remote to come in the mail should I elect to order one online...