Your Internet Protocol (IP) address is a unique number devices use to communicate and identify with each other through the internet network, similar to a mailing address. Data and information passes through from one device to another after identifying the IP address' of both sender and receiver. Your actual IP address is substituted by an IP address from CyberGhost, making it impossible for websites to track your online activity. Strict No Logs Policy. CyberGhost doesn’t track your activity over the Internet. No ad tracking or spying.
- By virtually putting you in an alternate area, a VPN will change your IP address. While using a VPN, your web traffic is directed through an encrypted tunnel with the goal that nobody, not even your Internet Provider, can keep track of what you're doing on the web.
- A VPN creates a secure Internet connection so that your Internet provider sees only encrypted data and a different IP address than your actual, unique IP address or real IP location. A VPN can be used on all your devices. Millions of people use VPNs, like VyprVPN, to mask their IP address. This means third parties will only see the VyprVPN.
- Whats My IP Address. An IP address is defined as the numerical representation of a device's location in a network. A device is a computer, a printer, a switch, a cell phone, or an iPad©. The letters IP stand for Internet Protocol. The most widely used IP addresses are IPv4 which consist of.
VPN has become a buzzword, which you may hear almost every day but not fully understand its purpose and the range of opportunities it offers. The following information provides the main knowledge for understanding the technology and becoming a tech-savvy user.
Let’s clarify the term and find out why it was invented.
Virtual Private Networks (VPN) were originally created for large businesses and corporations to provide their employees with access to particular computers from various locations without compromising security.
For instance, Nike’s headquarter is located in Beaverton, Oregon, the USA, but the company does overseas manufacturing in China, India, South Korea, Thailand, and Vietnam. In Beaverton, all the main computers are connected to Nike’s server via a network of cables, which are physical, highly secured, and hard to hack.
Running the cable from the USA to Thailand, to let an employee from the Thai factory connect to Nike’s private network, is just impossible. That is why creating a virtual private network — like a virtual cable between the countries — is what they need!
So how does it work?
My Ip Address Vpn
What Is My Ip Address Without Vpn
- VPN usually works with the help of three methods: encryption, security protocols, and servers.
- Encryption is encoding your data the way it can be read and used only by a computer with the appropriate decoder. There are several types of an encryption key that are necessary for encrypting or decrypting data (e.g., emails you send, files on your computer, etc.). These keys inform the computer what commutations on data should be performed to make it readable and usable.
- Security protocols guard any data that passes through the server by creating a secure connection. There are various types of security protocols used for different purposes, which also affect the type of VPN’s encryption. OpenVPN protocol is considered to be the most secure and the most widely used.
- Servers — the more servers VPN has around the world, the more locations you can choose from. Surfing or using the Internet for a particular purpose, you send your data to a server and request visiting a specific site. The server, in turn, transmits the information from that site back to the device you are using. However, when you turn on VPN, you send your data to the VPN’s server, and VPN sends only your request (without any data) to the website. This way your data moves through the encrypted tunnel between you and the VPN’s server — this is how you stay anonymous online.
What can you do with the help of VPN?
What Is My Vpn Ip Address Mac
- You can do a lot of amazing things online that you have never thought about!
- Unblocking websites
You do not have to be a programmer to unblock content. With VPN on, you can enjoy your favorite show on Netflix (which is not available outside the USA) while vacationing in Germany, for example. You can read the news on BBS or share pictures on Instagram while being on a business trip to China, where lots of foreign services are blocked due to China’s Great Firewall regulation. All you need to do is to change your geolocation for the optimal one and enjoy.
- Encrypting your data
Using public Wi-Fi can be dangerous as your personal data (such as passwords, credit card details, pictures, etc.) can be easily stolen due to the insecurity of such connection. Therefore, encryption will protect your data and, in case your connection is somehow broken, the stolen data will be impossible to read. Encrypting is also extremely useful if you wish your Internet Service Provider (ISR) or the government not to track your online activity.
- Hiding your IP
With the help of VPN, you can hide your real IP address (which is kind of a home address of your device) and show the IP address provided by VPN instead. Hidden behind the VPN’s server, your real IP address will be impossible to be seen by the government, your ISR, or hackers.
- Safe torrenting
VPN helps you torrent in two ways. The first way implies unblocking torrent sites in the countries they are forbidden (torrenting itself is not illegal, but downloading copyrighted materials is) and letting you download there. The second way is about preventing throttling, that is slowing a service by your ISP. As your ISP can’t track your online activity, it won’t know you are torrenting, and it won’t slow a service correspondingly.