An IP is your virtual address. Every device connected to the internet has an IP address attributed to it, which reveals its IP geolocation. Someone who looks up your IP address can see your location down to the street level. IP addresses help data to find its destination and reach the intended online recipient. You can order a dedicated IP address for an additional price, and you will be the only person using it. We offer dedicated IP addresses in these regions: The United States (Buffalo, Los Angeles, Dallas) Germany (Frankfurt) The United Kingdom (London) The Netherlands (Amsterdam) France (Paris) The price of a dedicated IP address in any of these countries is $70 per year.
What Is My Ip Address Nordvpn Settings
- Double Data Encryption - they will encrypt your data twice making it more secure.
- NordVPN can be used on desktop computers, laptops, tablets or smartphones.
- 3000+ Worldwide servers in 59 different countries.
- Extensions: NordVPN offers encrypted proxy extensions for Chrome and Firefox browsers.
- Adblocker: NordVPN has CyberSec feature that blocks dangerous websites and lets users avoid annoying ads.
- NordVPN has exceptional speed.
- NordVPN's software will easily install onto your device and it is very easy to use. No complicated setups.
- They will not log your data as they have a 'Strict No Logs Policy'.
- I really like the automatic kill switch feature that NordVPN has. They will shut down the software you want when you lose VPN connection.
- You can run NordVPN on 6 devices at the same time and they support multiple devices.
- NordVPN has a dns leak resolver that will make sure no data is leaked while you are connected to their VPN.
- 24/7 Live support available from their site.
- Nord is the only VPN that accepts bitcoin payments.
- I love the smart play feature at NordVPN which allows you to stream your content from your favorites sites instantly and efficiently.
- P2P friendly VPN service without restrictions.
- Hide your IP with NordVPN.
An IP (Internet Protocol) address is a set of numbers that identify your device (computer, laptop, tablet, smart phone, or other devices that connect to the internet). A protocol is basically a set of rules that help devices communicate with each other. Your IP address is unique just like your home mailing address. In fact, IP addresses are very similar to mailing addresses because they are unique and specify a location. Your IP address is your identity and your location on the internet. Your ISP (Internet Service Provider) assigns you an IP address based on your location. Your ISP is the only entity that knows your actual home address and name. Your IP address shows your Geolocation to any device or website to connect to from the internet. Your location from your IP address is generally shown as what city and the actual physical location is not known. For example if you visit a website for online shopping they can detect your IP address and show you specific results based on your general location. Some shopping sites give you different prices on items just based on your location. Going into more detail about IP numbers can get confusing and we suggest you read Google’s explanation About IP addresses. You can also watch an IP Address video tutorial to get a better understanding. These were the basics that we just described.
How can you protect your IP address number and location?
Very easily all you need is a VPN service provider. A VPN will hide your IP and will provide you with a new IP of your choice. The IP you choose on the VPN service provider can be located in any part of the world you choose. The VPN will protect your identity, location, and provide privacy. The data that is passed thru your VPN is encrypted and protects your sensitive information like your financial accounts. VPN’s are very popular now and should be used by every person that connects to the internet whether on the phone, laptop, computer, or tablet. If you use public WIFI's you definitely need a VPN asap. We also recommend you take several extra steps to also protect your online security. ZDNet provides a great Online Security Tips article on how to protect your privacy and your devices.
Who needs a VPN? Here is a small list of people that should get a VPN:
What Is My Ip Address Nordvpn Server
- Anyone that uses a public WIFI like a coffee shop to go on to their device to connect to the internet. Do you check your bank account balance on your phone while at a coffee shop? Is your data secure? If you use a VPN your data is secure and encrypted.
- Do you travel a lot and use Hotel WIFI’s? Hotels are havens for hackers and snoops. They can get a large number of information from the Hotel’s WiFi instantly.
- If you are worried about your online footprints and companies and websites tracking your searches.
- Anyone going out of the country and will be connecting to their email, financial websites, company websites, apps, smartphones, laptops, and tablets.
- Anyone that values their privacy needs a VPN.
The best VPN we recommend: NordVPN
At Whatismyip.net we use NordVPN and recommend their service to our visitors. NordVPN is fast, reliable, and affordable. Their security features are top notch in the VPN industry and they are second to none. Nord provides a double VPN that encrypts your information and data twice. Privacy is very important to NordVPN and they protect your IP, have a strict no logs policy, DNS leak protection and more. You can connect to NordVPN on all your devices including mobile phones. Connect up to 6 devices at once. Customer service is available around the clock. NordVPN is very easy to use and setup. Read our full review about NordVPN Review. We have also ranked these VPN Services which are also a decent choice when you decide to pick a VPN.