The Sequence Diagram models the collaboration of objects based on a time sequence. It shows how the objects interact with others in a particular scenario of a use case. With the advanced visual modeling capability, you can create complex sequence diagram in few clicks. An interaction diagram is either a sequence diagram or a communication diagram, both of which show essentially the same information. These diagrams, along with class diagrams, are used in a use case realization, which is a way to achieve or accomplish a use case.
SequenceDiagram.org is an online tool / software for creating UML sequence diagrams. Founded in 2014 with the purpose to improve the efficiency when creating and working with sequence diagrams by combining text notation scripting and drawing by clicking and dragging in the same model.
In this video, you’re going to learn1. What is Sequence Diagram?2. What are the different parts of Sequence Diagram? How to draw Sequence Diagram We will. The sequence diagram represents the flow of messages in the system and is also termed as an event diagram. It helps in envisioning several dynamic scenarios. It portrays the communication between any two lifelines as a time-ordered sequence of events, such that these lifelines took part at the run time. A sequence diagram simply depicts interaction between objects in a sequential order i.e. The order in which these interactions take place. We can also use the terms event diagrams or event scenarios to refer to a sequence diagram. Sequence diagrams describe how and in what order the objects in a system function.
All parsing, processing, and drawing is done client side. The benefit of this is that SequenceDiagram.org is fast and convenient to work with; it also doesn’t transfer your diagram data over the Internet like many other sequence diagram tools on the market. This also means that it is possible to work with the tool offline.
The tool is developed, maintained, and used by people who create a lot of sequence diagrams in their daily work. If you have any question / comments / suggestions / bugs please contact [email protected] The more feedback we get the better we can prioritize.
Privacy and data protection information
Are diagrams/scripts created using SequenceDiagram.org subject to any license?
No license is imposed by SequenceDiagram.org on the generated output. However, like with all images containing text, the fonts used might. The default font used in diagrams is the default sans-serif font selected by your browser. You can specify a different font using the fontfamily keyword, see help for more information. See LICENSE for details.
How do I generate a PDF of my sequence diagram?
Zoom to a chosen level in the editor and Print to PDF from your browser. The print css makes sure to only show the diagram on the page.
Are there any example sequence diagrams?
Yes, clicking the help menu and selecting 'Instructions' will show examples of all possible diagram elements. A copy icon is available for copying the text notation.
Is the codebase of SequenceDiagram.org open source?
No, the codebase is currently not available under any open source license
Can I run the SequenceDiagram.org tool in my company's private network (on-prem)?
Yes, by donating 400$ you are licensed to run the SequenceDiagram.org tool and its REST-like API inside your company's network (enterprise license). You are also eligible to receive any new published versions of the software for the duration of 1 year from the donation date by request. Your donation is highly appreciated and allows us to keep SequenceDiagram.org online and free for everyone to use. Please contact [email protected] for any questions.
The software is delivered in three formats:
- A Node JS application with the Sequencediagram.org tool and a REST-like API for integration with other services, see README.txt for details
- A war file with the Sequencediagram.org tool for deployment in a Java Servlet Container such as Tomcat, Jboss, Wildfly, Jetty, etc
- A zip file with the Sequencediagram.org tool for static web page hosting inside the DocumentRoot of a web server such as Apache, IIS, etc, or static on any cloud provider
What libraries are used by SequenceDiagram.org?
The Sequence Diagram Model Mcq
- lz-string is used to create URLs for sharing sequence diagrams. LICENSE
- Canvas2Svg is used to export the diagram into SVG file format. LICENSE
- CodeMirror is used as the text editor. LICENSE
- Font Awesome is used to provide icons for the icon participants. LICENSE
- Material Design Icons from the Community is used to provide icons for the icon participants. LICENSE
- Material Design icons by Google (included in materialdesignicons.com collection) is used to provide icons for the icon participants. LICENSE
- Font Awesome 5 Free is used to provide icons for the icon participants. LICENSE
- RBush is used for collision detection calculations for onmousemove events. LICENSE
- MSAL.js from Microsoft is used for authentication towards Microsoft services.
- OneDrive.js from Microsoft is used for file picker for OneDrive and SharePoint.
- platform.js from Google is used for authentication towards Google services and file picker for Google Drive and Team Drives.