If you are a user of Renewed Vision’s ProPresenter software, hopefully by now you’ve heard that they just released version 7 for both MacOS and Windows.
05 Driver for Alien 1000 AL 1000RGB 1000W LED Strobe Light (LED EL-P015) 100W COB LED Blinder 100w LED Moving Head Spot 100W UV COB Flood 101 1018 1018 RGBWAI 1044 Pixel 108 LED Moving Head 108 PCS LED Wash 1080 RGB segmented stroboscopic light 108x3W 108x3W LED Moving Zoom 108x3W RGBW Moving Head 10-Cell LED Batten 10-Eyes Moving Beam 10R 3 in. Use the smooth zoom and rotate gestures with TrackPad. Use Trackpad with Force Touch and Pressure Sensitivity in Windows. Use drawing tablets in Windows with full pen support (pressure, tilt, twist, erase). Print from Windows using Mac printers with duplex printing and up to A0 paper size. Synchronize the default printer between Mac and Windows. Hello all, Our church has recently updated to pp7 and with it, our pastor had a question about the possibility of being live video feed (e.g. Camera) into pp, layer words onto the live feed and then output the final product to another machine we are using to run our live stream. With four bi-directional SDI interfaces, the Blackmagic Design DeckLink Duo 2 is a versatile video I/O card for professional video workflows. Since each SDI interface can be configured to be either an input or an output, a computer with this card installed can be purposed as a media play-out system, a multi-screen digital signage server, a live keyer, a real-time multi-channel capture system.
The new version is more similar between the two operating systems than ever before, and there’s a lot of new features, most notably the UI design. One other enhancement that I am excited about is that all of the add on modules (alpha keyer module, communications, MIDI, SDI/NDI output, etc.) are now all included as part of the software license. This will be great for us because now we can have these features available to all of our ProPresenter installs, whereas in the past, the pricing model was a limitation for us.
Propresenter 7 Midi Cues
I have been slowly checking out the new version and we will be purchasing an upgraded license soon to roll this out in our various venues within the coming months.
With all of the new features that ProPresenter has, I thought it would be fun to include the Top 8 Features of ProPresenter that I hope to see implemented. Here they are, in no particular order:
- Tally Integration. If you’ve followed this blog, you have probably seen where I’ve mentioned the ProTally software I created to help fill in the gap here so our volunteers could know when their ProPresenter output was on-air. So while tally protocol support (whether it be TSL or data coming directly from something like an ATEM switcher) would likely render tools like ProTally obsolete for a lot of use cases, it would make the experience so much better for the end user, and I’m definitely a fan of that.
- HTTP GET/POST slide cues. This would be awesome. Some people do a workaround right now where they put a “web element” on a slide and make it invisible, but a true communication cue to send GET/POST (along with JSON data) whenever I click on a slide would be a great way to open up some automation efforts to trigger other software.
- Hide Audio Bin / Re-arrange the interface. This is a simpler one, but the ability to hide the audio bin that we aren’t likely to use as well as being able to re-arrange the UI would be nice to have.
- Customizable border on the current active slide. A lot of our volunteers have expressed that it would be nice to have a way to quickly see which slide is active, and sometimes the current border box around the active slide isn’t easy to see. So a way to make that border thicker, change the color, make it blink, etc. would be a nice feature.
- A built-in, free, amazing sync option. I’ve written about how we currently do cloud syncing in ProPresenter by using Dropbox and sharing all the libraries to all the machines. It works fine for what it is. But a way to truly share playlists, themes, media, etc. from one ProPresenter install to another, built in, would be awesome, especially if it could use the drive/file sync tools we already use, like Dropbox.
- Go To Next Timer showing a countdown. Another simpler one, but it would be really nice if any time a slide was on a advance timer, if the UI showed how much time was left before it advanced (in minutes/seconds).
- Web interface to show slide information, clocks, etc. A page where I can view the slides, the current/next slide, timers, messages, etc. A “producer’s page” of sorts. Right now, we use PresentationBridge for this. We would keep this web page open in our control rooms for the director to see so they know exactly where we are at in a presentation or song.
- Published and supported REST API. It would be great to have a published and supported interface where we can control ProPresenter remotely. A lot of people have done great work to reverse-engineer the ProRemote app, and that protocol is getting a lot of use through projects like Companion. But something officially documented and supported would be truly great. And on that note, some kind of official support for stream decks would be great too! Whether it is acknowledgement of the Companion project or another avenue.
Propresenter 7 For Windows
Propresenter 7 And Zoom Reviews
So there’s my top 8 feature requests! I’m excited about this new version of ProPresenter, because with their ProPresenter+ plan, we are going to see more regular feature updates. If you haven’t checked it out yet, you can demo it for free!