If you’ve got an iPhone or iPad, the iOS market is ripe with possibilities for music production and it’s growing every day.
Football Manager Touch 2021 Ipad
Football Manager 2021 Touch for iPad and Android tablets releases on December 1st while the Nintendo Switch version will arrive later. Sports Interactive said they are aiming to have it out before. With Football Manager 2021 officially announced for the 24th November you can now pre-purchase the game cheap from us at a great price. CDKeys website states you still receive early BETA access and FM Touch free of charge. This is one of the cheapest prices out there. Buy FM21 cheap with upto 40% discount by clicking here. Thats cheaper than Steam! You will receive a Steam code for activation on. Reasonably priced accessories for your iPhone, iPod, iPad, and Kindle, including armbands, cases, screen protectors, and sleeves.
Products that include effects processing, virtual instruments, sequencers, educational apps, recording, mixing and mastering apps, and weird interfaces that can’t really be categorized are being offered by major manufacturers alongside hundreds of independent developers.
Protocols like Ableton LINK now make it possible to synchronize apps and devices wirelessly with ease. With interfaces like the iConnectAudio and iConnectMIDI series you can route MIDI and Audio streams in and out of your iOS devices to your computer and/or controller.
I first got introduced to the world a few years ago by my good friend J.A. Deane (Dino), a sampling pioneer who began live sampling back in the 80’s using tape. I both thank and curse him for leading me down yet another technological rabbit hole. The iOS approach to performance and production offers several benefits that set it apart from using standard plugins in a DAW or traditional MIDI equipment.
Apps Are Cheap
Very cheap! Unbelievably cheap! So cheap, that most people would not believe these things really sound that good. But hearing is believing.
Prices range from free (with in-app purchases that usually include additional presets or samples) to maybe $69 at the extreme high end, with the average falling around $10 to $15. This allows you to experiment with a lot of stuff, limited only by the storage capacity of your device. A warning though, as I found out from personal experience, 50 cheap things add up to a couple expensive things. It’s really easy to hit that GET button.
When you buy an app you also get the functionality of the multi-touch screen, accelerometer and gyroscope, along with typical MIDI input and output controls. It’s like buying a virtual instrument and a controller all-in-one.
The additional control offered by tablets and smart phones creates a completely new way of making music that should not be underestimated or simplified. It’s powerful and intuitive, but like any other instrument, it can take some time to develop a genuine facility.
Connectivity and Compactness
The live setup doesn’t get any smaller. In theory, you could perform on just an iPhone. But more typically, you could have an iPad (or two), small interface, mixer, and perhaps a couple of mini MIDI controllers such as those offered by Korg or Akai. Send out a stereo line to the PA and you’re done.
In a home studio situation, you could route the sound into your DAW or drive the iOS device with a DAW-based sequencer or standard MIDI controller. I also use MIRA, an app based extension for Max/MSP that allows wireless control of a Max patch or Max for Live Device.
There are also apps like Lemur that offer customizable and unusual MIDI generating interfaces to control standard computer-based applications. With the right modules, such as the Expert Sleepers FH-1, you can easily drive a Eurorack rig using the MIDI outputs from your iOS device.
Over the next few months I’ll be releasing a series of articles on The Pro Audio Files listing some of the best apps on the market. I’ve intentionally limited my attention to iOS vs the Android platform, based purely on my personal familiarity and admitted bias. But several apps are multi-platform and I invite readers using Android to contribute to the discussion with their own recommendations.
Top iOS Synth Apps
Here are my top 10 must-have synth apps currently available for iOS:
- Model 15 — billed as a Moog Modular synthesizer and synthesis educational tool, this app offers incredibly rich sounds that will surprise even the most vociferous iPad skeptics. Includes a keyboard, Animoog style sliders and a built-in arpeggiator. It also offers tutorials that teach basic signal flows for a modular synthesizer. ($30 — App Store link)
- Animoog was one of my first purchases and is as much fun to watch as it is to play. It has an oscilloscope-style display that animates nicely and is a functioning XY pad. There is a substantial library of presets available and a 4-track recording option. ($30 — App Store link)
- Arturia’s vintage synth emulation collection includes great sounding instruments that are worth the money, if you can’t have the real thing … iSEM (Oberheim —$10, App Store link)
- iProphet(Dave Smith — $10, App Store link)
- iMini (Moog — $10, App Store link)
- Lorentz (made by iceGear) is a straight-ahead polyphonic synth with no frills and no fancy interface. But it’s intuitive and sounds great. All the controls are accessible on the main screen with the exception of the arpeggiator. (Free — App Store link)
- Laplace Resonator (also by iceGear) is a component modeling style synth. In terms of price, functionality, simplicity of design, and sound, you can’t go wrong with either of these apps. ($6 — App Store link)
- Nave is a wavetable synthesizer by Waldorf that launches with a touchable 3D wavetable display that will keep you occupied for several minutes before you even make a sound. But when you do, you’ll find tons of functionality hidden beneath four other display tabs: Filter and Env, Mod & Keys, FX & Arp, and Tape & Sys which is a tape style display for recording and loading samples. ($20 — App Store link)
- Alchemy Synth is an iPad version of the awesome virtual instrument plugin of the same name. It’s a hidden surprise accessible through the GarageBand app when initiating a keyboard instrument track. If you’ve used Alchemy in Logic Pro, you’ll appreciate the familiar performance pad with added sparkling animations. While it lacks the same controllability as the plugin version, it is nonetheless a great sounding device (Free with GarageBand)
Also have a look at the sample-based players below for hours of fun and enjoyment!
ThumbJam and DrumJam (Pete Lockett & Sonosaurus LLC — App Store link) are player-friendly samplers that include a decent set of instrument sounds and unique playing interfaces that are just plain fun. Both include a fully accessible user manual including MIDI implementation data. Presets in the Thumb Jam app describe the additional control settings such as V. Tilt, Finger Pressure, X Axis, etc. ($9 and $8 respectively — App Store link)
Fm Touch 2021 Ipad Case
Seaboard 5D is Roli’s entry into the iPad world and the interface is really fun to play. It’s a simple design but very expressive with several juicy presets. It lacks the flexibility and configuration possibilities of other apps mentioned here, but the Roli style keyboard is very addictive. (Free — App Store link)
Note: Most “free” apps will have in-app purchases once you’re hooked. Hey, everyone’s got to make a buck.
Next time, I’ll talk about some of the most unusual and bizarre sound producing apps out there, for all you experimentalists lurking in the shadows. Stay tuned!
Football Manager 2021 Touch is currently compatible with the devices listed below.
iPad Air 1
iPad Air 2
iPad Air (2019)
iPad Air (2020)
iPad mini 2
iPad mini 3
iPad mini 4 (2015)
iPad mini (2019)
iPad Pro 9.7 (2016)
iPad Pro 10.5 (2017)
iPad Pro 11 (2018)
iPad Pro 11 (2020)
iPad Pro 12.9 (2015)
iPad Pro 12.9 (2017)
iPad Pro 12.9 (2018)
iPad Pro 12.9 (2020)
Minimum supported operating system is iOS 11.0
Asus Zenpad 3S 10 Z500KL
Google Pixel C
HTC Nexus 9
Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4
Huawei MediaPad M5 8
Huawei MediaPad M5 10
Huawei MediaPad M5 10 Pro
Huawei MediaPad T5
Nvidia Shield Tablet
Nvidia Shield Tablet LTE
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2016) T580, T585
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2016) P580, P585
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.5
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2019 8
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2019 10.1
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 9.7
Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 10.5
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+
Xiaomi MiPad 4
Football Manager 2021 Touch Ipad Free
Minimum supported operating system is Android 7.0 Nougat