An amazing video editor and encoder!
If you have a Mac, you might be satisfied with using iMovie to edit videos. However, Avidemux lets you do a lot more. It functions as an editor, encoder, and filter, allowing you to perform several tasks with multiple file formats. With a clean and simple interface, this open-source cross-platform tool is perfect for anyone interested in editing videos.
An amazing video editor and encoder! Avidemux for Mac. Free pet game for Mac. Avidemux 2.6.0; Avidemux Comments. OldVersion.com provides free. software downloads for old versions of programs, drivers and games. So why not downgrade to the. Jan 30, 2016 AviDemux Free Download AviDemux 2.6.11 Final 31 Mb Avidemux is a video editor designed for simple cutting, filtering and encoding tasks. Tasks can be automated using projects, job queue and powerful scripting capabilities. It supports most video formats like DVD, VOB, AVI, DivX, XviD, WMV, MPG, MP4, AVI, MOV, MKV, DV, FLV. Imagine an application which does everything VirtualDub can do, but.
The perfect tool for cutting, encoding, and filtering videos!
An open-source free tool designed for all kinds of videos.
A free video editor, Avidemux is designed for easy filtering, encoding, and cutting. As compared to iMovie, it’s more flexible and supports a wide range of file formats, including ASF, MP4, MPEG, DVD, and AVI. Since the platform uses multiple codecs, you don’t have to convert anything to DVD format before editing. Additionally, it allows you to automate tasks using job queue, projects, and scripts.
A big miss is the outdated interface. In the first look, it looks like a version for Windows 95. But once you get used to the layout, it proves to be a powerful tool. In just a few days of use, you’d be editing videos without any trouble.
Avidemux 2.6 Download Free
Easy to use
Since Avidemux has a simple interface, there’s no central pool for importing audio files, images, and video clips. Similarly, you won’t see any timeline with numerous tracks. However, the user experience is perfect for simple editing. If you want to clip a video, you just need to scrub through the footage and set markers.
Avidemux lets you copy, delete, and cut sections of video while appending one clip to another. Sadly, there aren’t any transitions or flashy wipes.
Additional features for audio files
Though Avidemux is primarily used for videos, it lets you work on audio tracks too. You can configure up to four tracks and remix sounds for varied speaker setups. Once you start exploring the ‘Video’ menu, you’ll find a wide range of filters. Avidemux is equipped with tools like deinterlacing and noise reduction.
Several export options
One of the most interesting features of Avidemux is the availability of several export options. It allows you to take complete control of encoding video and audio files. Unlike most features in the program, this one is aimed at experienced video editors. If you’re a serious videographer, the multiple export options will definitely make work easier.
Task automation features for projects
Avidemux comes with a wide range of task automation features. Collectively, they help you manage video processing and editing tasks effortlessly. For instance, you can organize projects using a feature called Joblist. It lets you arrange multiple projects in a queue, thereby allowing video processing in bulk. For editing, you can access the final files anytime you want.
Additionally, Avidemux is equipped with custom scripts that allow you to store and apply the settings quickly. You can also shuffle between several configurations to edit your videos.
Where can you run this program?
Mozilla Firefox Free Download
Avidemux is available for Linux, BSD, Microsoft Windows, and Mac OS X. It is free to use on all supported operating systems.
Is there a better alternative?
While Avidemux is a great choice, you might be looking for a few alternatives. OpenShot, a cross-platform video editor, comes with a powerful animation framework. You can bounce, slide, fade, and animate all kinds of video projects. Available for Mac, Windows, and Linux, OpenShot supports multiple languages. However, it has a slow interface, and the numerous features can be overwhelming for beginners.
FFmpeg is an open-source project that develops tools and libraries for handling multimedia files. FFmpeg has developed libavcodec, which is a codec library used by a wide range of programs. The project is home to libavformat, a demux and mux library for containers. Unfortunately, FFmpeg still lacks video editing features.
Though it’s not yet perfect, it’s an amazing tool for anyone interested in basic video editing for free. Most importantly, you won’t have to convert the file to another format before cutting, filtering, or encoding.
Avidemux 2.6 Mac Download
Should you download it?Yes, definitely! If you want to encode a video or use a specific configuration for a speaker setup, Avidemux will be an excellent choice. It’s also ideal for beginners who want a basic video editor. While there are advanced tools available online, nothing comes close to Avidemux’s simplicity and ease-of-use.
- Free to use
- Lightweight and simple
- Handles multiple formats
- Great customer support
- Outdated interface
- Drops frames in a few formats
Pick a software title...to downgrade to the version you love!
Avidemux 2.6.0 Change Log
Avidemux 2.6 – Freeware Download
- Demuxers, muxers, video decoders, FFmpeg encoders and scripting engines are now plugins
- Updated FFmpeg libraries (version 0.11.1)
- Improved threading when decoding and encoding video
- Job queue functionality has been moved to a separate application
- Removed VOB to VobSub, VobSub to srt, and TS to srt subtitle tools
- Removed language translations
- The same video renderer is now used when editing and playing video for consistency
- Accelerated video decoding on Linux when using NVIDIA GeForce 8 series or later GPU
- Support for Sorenson Vector Quantizer 1 video decoding
- Support for E-AC3 audio decoding
- New AAC audio encoder (avcodec)
- Increased the maximum number of supported input/output audio tracks from 2 to 4 for applicable video containers
- Audio filters can now be applied to all audio tracks (not just the primary track)
- AAC LATM/LOAS audio support for the MPEG-TS demuxer
- MPEG-4 AVC and AAC support for the Flash Video demuxer
- Improved OpenDML support for the AVI muxer
- New MP4 muxer (MP4v2)
- Removed the Ogg muxer
- New Python scripting engine (TinyPy)
- New ECMAScript scripting engine (QtScript) including debugger and reference guide
- New Transform video filters: Resize (swscale), Greyscale, Add Logo, Horizontal Flip
- New Colour video filter: Remove Plane
- New Miscellaneous video filter: PrintInfo
- New OpenGL video filters for Apple and Linux operating systems
- Removed Transform video filters: Reverse, Resize, Fade, MPlayer Resize
- Removed Interlacing video filters: Deinterlace, Drop, Keep Even Fields, Keep Odd Fields, mcDeinterlace, PAL Field Shift, Pulldown, PAL Smart, Smart Swap Fields, Swap Fields, TDeint
- Removed Colour video filters: Blend Removal, Colour Curve Editor, Luma Delta, Luma Only, Chroma U, Chroma V
- Removed Noise video filters: Cnr2, Denoise, Forced Postprocessing, Median (5x5), Light Denoiser, TIsophote, Temporal Cleaner
- Removed Sharpness video filter: Soften
- Removed Subtitle video filters: VobSub, DVB Sub, ASS, Subtitler
- Removed Miscellaneous video filters: Add Framenumber, Mosaic, Whirl